Royal Design Studio is my absolute favorite stencil shop. They have a selection to die for! And now, they added some new Moroccan patterns! Below you can see a selection of my favorites.
Dette er mønsteret jeg har valgt til overflaten på bordet nedenfor. Husker du dette innlegget?
Bordet har nå blitt malt i 05000 hvit, og mønsteret vil enten bli beige eller andeegggrønt som bambusstolene.
The table is now crisp 05000 white and the pattern will either be beige or green like the bamboo chairs.
Dette er ca 1/4 av stuen min. Sjeselongen (som skal trekkes om) er stedet hvor magasiner leses, kosestunder med datteren, avslapning, og helt til høyre i bildet - litt DIY (Do it Yourself) underveis (mer om den senere!). Gardinene er av silke og kommer fra Linen Factory som holder til blant annet på Sandvika Storsenter. Kvaliteten er fantastisk og de kommer ferdig forede for en fyldigere effekt. Rammene på veggen er alle vintage fra ebay. Glassurnene i vinduet kommer fra IKEA og jernurnen er fra en liten koselig blomsterbutikk på Kampen i Oslo (en julegave). Listverket er fra Byggdekor.no. Lysekronen og tapeten er fra en av mine favorittbutikker, Laura Ashley. Biedemeier chaiseloungen er en gave fra en utrolig god venninne! :)
This is about a forth of my living room / dining room. The Biedemeier chaiselounge (which is going to be reupholstered) is one of my favorite places in our home, and I use it for reading magazines & books, cozy breaks with my daughter where she lies on top of me gazing at the chandelier that I spin around with my feet, and little naps (every member of the family LOVES to doze off here!). In the right hand corner of the picture you can see my latest DIY... (more about that later, though!). The silk curtains from Linen Factory are breaking the floor. All of the frames are vintage from ebay. The glass urns in the window are from IKEA and the metal urn is from a little flower shop in Kampen, Oslo (it was a Christmas gift a few years ago. The moldings are from Byggdekor.no. The wallpaper and chandelier is from one of my favorite stores, Laura Ashley. The Biedermeier Chaiselounge is a gift from one of my best friends :)
Min første favoritt er dette serviset jeg har arvet av min oldemor. Det er tyskprodusert.
My first favorite is this china that I've inherited from my great grandmother. They're produced in Germany and numbered.
1. What color is your kitchen? Fugly white. Very boring. I do actually prefer kitchens being white, just not this one.
2. Describe your kitchen - I'm actually going to take a picture, just to show how horrible it really is. The cupboard white has a sick green tone to it. Here you can see the picture of it, in all it's glory...
3. Describe your dream kitchen - My dream kitchen is by James Radin and you can see what it looks like on the picture below.
4. What's your favorite activity in the kitchen? Socializing while preparing dinner or my Monday Night Fruit Salad
5. Name one thing you're kitchen is lacking/missing. It's missing space, tiles, a (good) fan, paint, counter tops (there's just no space today).. The list goes on...
6. Do you cook and bake a lot? Daily :) To my surprise, this is something I just enjoy more and more.
7. What don't you like in your kitchen / would you like to change? See question 5
8. What do you love about your kitchen? The possibilities
9. Worst kitchen activity? Cleaning up? Thank god for Mr B who cleans up after dinner :)
10. Tea or coffee? Definitly tea. I've never had a whole cup of coffee in my life.
11. Chocolate ore vanilla? BOTH!
12. Prepare food, or eat it? I actually like both
13. Do you prefere to serve your meals in the dining room or the kitchen? Dining room. But if I had James Radin's kitchen, it would definitly be in the kitchen. :)
HAVE FUN WITH IT, AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOUR FAVORITES ARE! :)
This room is from John Saladino's NY apartment. I just love the color scheme, the diy art (the urn) on the wall, the framed art and just the feel of the room.
Dette er utsikten fra stuen, det laver ned med snø. Nydelig, men å, så upraktisk når man skal ut og trille barnevogn...This is the view from our livingroom. We have about 20 inches of snow, it's insane. It looks stunning, but does not make going for a walk with the stroller an easy task..
Image Courtesy of House Beautiful
Image through happymundane.blogspot.com and Image Courtesy of House Beautiful
Image Courtesy of homesandgardens.co.uk
Image Courtesy of Cotedetexas.blogspot.com and La Dolce Vita
Klikk deg videre til Alvas Hus for å vinne denne nydelige lysestaken :)
Konkurransen varer ut februar!
Head over to Alvas Hus to win this gorgeous candleholder :)
The competition ends February 28th!
For noen måneder siden snublet jeg over siden http://www.dekortapet.no/. Dekortapet lager tapet i høykvalitet av hva enn det er du bestemmer deg å sende dem. Dy kan sende inn et vannmaleri, et bilde av et maleri, et fotografi, eller en photoshop-fil (i min mening det mest interessante alternativet). Du kan velge mellom fire forskjellige kvaliteter, fra grovt og strukturert til glatt og silkeaktig.
Image Courtesy of http://www.tapetorama.se/
Nedenfor kan du se noen eksempler fra hjemmesidene. Dette var ikke helt min smak, men de viser at mulighetene er uendelige.
I accidentally found this really interseting site http://www.dekortapet.no/. Dekortapet makes high quality wall murals / wall papers from whatever you send them. You can send in a water color painting, a picture of a painting, a photo shop file (the most interesting in my opinion) or a regular photo. You can choose between four different finished, from really structured to a silky finish.
Below you can see some of the examples from the website. I didn't really fall for any of these, but they show that the possibilities are endless.
Lin Strømsheim's new home will be featured in Norwegian Elle Interiør #2 2009. The magazine has been following her renovating her new home. Below you can see some pictures of what we can expect to see in Elle.
Elle Interiør also did a spread on Lin's previous pad in 2007. As of right now, I'm leaning towards the interior design in her apartment rather than the house. I will post an update after I've seen the new spread.