On Sunday, we asked you for some feedback, and we got some really valuable comments. Several of you want to see more of our homes, and this summer, you’re definitely going to do just that! Below is SOME of the stuff I’ll be working on and there’ll of course be reveals along the process :)
The fiancé and I had a long discussion last night about what we wanted to get done in the house. He complained about none of the rooms being completely finished and that he wanted our home to actually get finished. (we have a tendency to move every time we’re completely done, and we’ve promised ourselves not to do that this time)
I was of course super offended and felt criticized, but after a good night's sleep I realized that what he said was true. Not ONE room in the house is completely finished. I guess I could blame my busy schedule with two girls under 2,5 yrs, the blog, Design Refuge which is launching any day now, friends, being a girlfriend, getting married, client projects, helping out friends with their homes (which I love!)... But I can't blame anyone but me. I've always been a doer, and I'm not stopping now.
In true "doer" spirit, I'm making a list, and the goal is to have everything finished by the end of this summer:
I would really have loved to paint or wallpaper the walls here, but I’m going to try to get the “shit” colored walls to work first.
- New ceiling light fixture
- A vanity / dresser
- Wall art
- Lamp shade for lamp at night stand (nattbord) (maybe new night stand?)
- Sliding doors for the wardrobe
- A rug
- Hang curtains
(am kind of horrified by showing this pic, since I’m SO not happy with the way it looks at the moment)
The living room is going to go through a pretty massive makeover in terms of furniture…
- New sofa - check! (we bought a NEW sofa on Saturday!! Whoppidooo!!)
- New sofa table
- Paint credenza
- Hang curtains
- Get shelves built over the play corner
- Get my little green chinoserie light rewired and get him a lamp shade!!
(say bye to this stunner of a sofa – it’s soon to be replaced by a cornered lounge sofa)
- Fix the chinoserie table (paint etc)
- Paint fuse box with chalk paint
- Get that friggin' Suzani stretched and save the Anna Spiro inspired painting for my home office!
- Get flowers and plant them(I have a list from our garden planner - my mom :))
- New patio furniture
- Get two new sunbeds
- Fix lamps
- Hang two pictures
- Fix the stupid brass pulls (isn’t it annoying how it’s the smallest things that take the longest time to fix??)
- Faucet needs to be installed
As you can probably tell, I have more than enough in store for me (and YOU!) this summer!!